Software Engineer - Data
As soon as possible
Remote - 8000 Aarhus C
Do you want to work in the cross field between Software, Data, and Machine Learning?
About the Position
Neurospace is currently looking for a Software Engineer, who will help build innovative data and machine learning solutions. As a Software Engineer within Data you will be responsible for advising, designing, building, and deploying data-intensive systems together with our partners.
You will work closely with the rest of the team of data engineers and machine learning engineers to ensure that we build the best possible solutions. This gives you ample opportunity to develop your professional competencies in this area while being part of a bootstrapped startup with sustainable growth.
Is Neurospace a great place to work?
We help some of the biggest and brightest companies within their industry to use their data for improving their business, e.g. lowering their CO2 emissions. Did you know that 10% of the climate goals can be fulfilled by just using data on buildings smarter? Imagine if you could utilize data from some of the biggest productions in Denmark!
Our partners (yes we call our customers partners) respect us for our knowledge and willingness to help them learn and build great data driven solutions. We have a passion for using our abilities to do good in the world and we want to be part of the solution to the climate crisis.
Neurospace build both data platforms, machine learning, and MLOps solutions for our partners. We use principles and concepts such as Data Mesh and have a focus on making data easy to use when we build data platforms together with our partners.
Our way of working include elements from eXtreme Programming and scrum. E.g. we do pair programming, always work in teams, and like to have testable code. Together with our partners we do agile development to ensure that we deliver the right things the right way. We value high quality work, we always do documentation, use version control, ensure reproducibility with CI/CD to make as much as our work automated.
- Together with the team your will work on hard data problems in close collaboration with our partners
- Advise our partners in data opportunities, challenge their expectations, and give suggestions as to how they can improve as an organization
- Be part of roadmapping and workshops together with our partners
- Design and develop “Big Data” platforms which focus on the use of data more than collecting it
- Design and develop MLOps solutions to empower data scientist at our partners to do machine learning faster and more structured
- Use good engineering disciplines to build rock solid solutions with the right quality and documentation
- Design and develop software applications which makes it easier for the partner to use data
We are agnostic but you are likely interested in what tech we are currently using:
Linux (Pop OS!), git, Go, Python, Bash, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Databricks, Big Query, Airflow, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage 2, Google Cloud Storage, Purview, Containers, Cloud Run, Grafana, Power BI, gohugo, and more.
- Remote first - sometimes onsite with partners and team events
- 4-day working week
- Flexible working hours to keep a sustainable work/life balance
- To be part of the growth phase of a startup company
- Rich opportunity for upgrading your skills within data and Machine Learning
- Time for reading and learning new things
- Ability to influence the culture of Neurospace
- A team which care for each other, and often meet outside of work for different events
- Be part of changing how companies values data and help reach the climate goals
- Fun company events, which could include skiing trips or an evening with your team mates at a nice restaurant
Neurospace works remotely to improve work/life balance and increase efficiency.
This makes it possible for you to fit in doctors appointments, drop off kids in kindergarten, or take a run in the middle of the working day, if you want to.
Being an astronaut (as we call ourselves) in Neurospace you will have plenty of opportunities to meet with your team while working on partner projects, going on trade fairs, playing badminton, or having internal offline events for knowledge sharing or playing board games.
Even though you will have flexible working hours, they will still be affected by customer meetings, that require you to be present at a certain time. We strive to be flexible when it comes to our partners and some of them wish to meet face to face.
We are flexible and don’t mind if you just started your career or have been in the industry for several years.
Our expectations towards you:
- Have a passion for learning new things and figuring out how to best solve hard problems
- You are hands-on and like to wrangle data and build platforms which makes this easy
- You posses soft skills and have empathy towards others
- Want to learn or already have knowledge about data intensive applications
- Want to learn or is well versed within SQL and Python
- Willingness to learn danish if you are not already proficient (as our partners are primarily danish)
A plus but not required:
- Knowledge and insights about the manufacturing, utility, and energy sectors
- You know about Cloud Native, maybe you have been part of the movement?
- Know your way around one of the big cloud providers (Azure, GCP, AWS) and how to consume managed services
- Have knowledge from building “big data” systems
- You have a completely different background than us, e.g. from another field / profession
- Have a favorite Apollo Mission
Neurospace is an engineering company at heart helping the utility and manufacturing sector use their data for decision-making, automation, and data-driven optimization, with data platforms, machine learning, and statistics.
Want to be an Astronaut?
Please follow the instructions below, we look forward to your application!
Please attach the following
- Resume/CV - tell us what you have done before!
- Cover Letter - Why do you want this job?
- LinkedIn, GitHub or other relevant social accounts that describe your professional experience
- Links to your personal website, blog or portfolios, if available and applicable
We will handle all your information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679